You're invited to CSAM's Substance Abuse Panel Event in Brandon
Your Construction Safety Association of Manitoba (CSAM) is hosting a series of complimentary Substance Abuse Panel events for members to connect and discuss the challenges and impacts that come with dealing with a substance-abusing employee in the workplace.
The Panel of experts - Joel Gervais, Addictions & Training Specialist with Vital Life; David Negus, Labour & Employment Lawyer with MLT Aikins LLP; and Blaine Duncan, Health and Safety Representative from the Manitoba Government & General Employees Union – will be discussing how to identify and intervene in areas of addiction and mental health, in the workplace, in a compassionate and legal manner.
Topics will include but are not exclusive to:
• How to spot a “potential” substance abuse issue in the workplace.
• What to include in a drug and alcohol policy.
• How to address a “potential” substance abuse issue after completing a company policy and training supervisors and staff.
• How the introduction of the new Cannabis legislation will impact your workplace.
• How to support a safe return to work.
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2018
Time: 1:30 - 4:00 p.m.
Location: The Keystone Centre, 1175 18th St #1, Brandon, MB R7A 7C5
To register for this event, fill out the registration form below.
For more information about the Brandon event, contact Trish Carlisle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-728-3456.
Please note that seating is limited and that light refreshments and coffee will be served at this event.