The Construction Safety Association of Manitoba (CSAM) continues to monitor the evolving situation with Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in our province and the guidelines being recommended from the Government of Manitoba.
With our clients top of mind, and based on advice from governments and their public health agencies regarding the presence and risk of COVID-19, CSAM will be implementing the additional protocols that will affect COR™/SECOR™ audits, training, and consulting services.
COR™/SECOR™ activities will continue with slight modifications effective March 23, 2020:
- COR™/SECOR™ audits will be accepted electronically using the CSAM online audit tool.
- Auditors requiring assistance please contact email@example.com
- Certified companies requiring a verification audit will receive a documentation review by a CSAM internal auditor within one week of submission. At that time a temporary letter of good standing will be issued. A site visit will be conducted by the internal auditor when CSAM resumes normal operations. Upon a successful site visit, a new letter of good standing will be issued to the company.
- Certified companies requiring an independent audit will a receive documentation review within two weeks by an assigned external auditor. Upon completion of a successful documentation review, a temporary letter of good standing will be issued. A site visit will be conducted by the external auditor when CSAM resumes normal operations. Upon completion of a successful site visit, a new letter of good standing will be issued to the company.
- Audit extensions for the month of April may be available on a case by case basis. If you would like to request an audit extension please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All internal and external training courses will be cancelled until May 4, effective immediately. Anyone affected by these cancellations can reschedule or will receive a full refund.
CSAM’s online training remains available 24/7. Click here to view our list of online courses.
The Westman Safety Conference, scheduled for April 8th in Brandon is also cancelled. ALL registered participants will receive a full refund. Refunds may take up to three weeks to process.
Our offices will remain open at this time and we will continue to serve the needs of our clients to the best of our ability.
CSAM staff remain available to assist you by phone or email. At this time, CSAM personnel will not be conducting site visits or in-person meetings outside of our offices. CSAM staff are being directed to limit in-person meetings to urgent requests only at our offices (following social distancing and hygiene recommended protocol).
CSAM On Tour dates will also be postponed until further notice.
If you have any questions or concerns about the changes to our services and how they affect your business, please call us at 204-775-3171 in Winnipeg or at 204-728-3456 in Brandon.
CSAM will continue to monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19 in our province and the guidelines being recommended from the Government of Manitoba. Moving forward, we intend to be flexible and remain agile in response to changes as the situation develops.