START AN NHSA™ APPLICATION
COMPLETE 10 COMPULSORY COURSES
All compulsory courses are available through CSAM’s classroom training:
- Confined Space Entry and Entry Rescue
- First Aider I/CPR
- Hazard Identification and Risk Control
- Leadership for Safety Excellence
- Prime Contractor
- Principles of Safety Management
- Safety Administration
- Safety Auditor Training (plus completion of a company self-audit)
- WCB Basics or Return to Work Basics
- WHMIS 2015 – Train the Trainer
COMPLETE TWO ELECTIVE COURSES
To fulfill requirements, elective courses must be provided by CSAM or a recognized provider and take a minimum duration of four hours.
Elective options from CSAM include:
- Hearing Conservation and Sound Monitoring
- Legislation 101 (recommended)
- Rigging Basics
- Safety Representative Awareness
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods
- Working at Heights Manitoba (recommended)
Courses taken at any of the CSAM conferences or at a recognized training provider can be submitted for review and, if accepted, they will apply toward the elective requirements.
CSAM will grant equivalency for training taken with our affiliated associations through the CFCSA or Industry Based Safety Programs (IBSP) in Manitoba, but courses must meet the intent of the mandatory requirements.
Any two online courses will equal one elective course. A maximum of two online courses will be accepted. Our full list of online courses is available here.
WRITE THE PROVINCIAL AND NATIONAL EXAMS
The exam fee exam is $50. A minimum exam score of 80 per cent is required.
Exam dates for 2020 are available in both Winnipeg and Brandon:
- June 10, 2020 *Deadline for submitting documentation is June 3rd, 2020
- September 16, 2020 *Deadline for submitting documentation is September 9th, 2020
- December 9, 2020 *Deadline for submitting documentation is December 2nd, 2020
If you are ready to write the NHSA™ exam, you will need to email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the document submission deadline to register.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you have any questions or require assistance, email email@example.com.