Course Length: One day (8 hours)
A certificate will be issued upon course completion.
This one-day course is designed for anyone working in the construction or fabrication industry or anyone who works with cranes (indoor cranes or hoisting mobile cranes). This course emphasizes the importance of following Workplace Safety & Health Regulations 217/2006 and provides basic knowledge and competency when working with rigging equipment.
This course aims to provide participants with sufficient knowledge to ensure proper use of rigging equipment, effective and safe rigging procedures and the ability to identify and avoid potential risks. All materials covered are in accordance with the Manitoba Safety and Health Regulations 217/2006 and Canadian Standards Association Z150 and ASME B30’s.
- Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Act & Regulations (ASME B30 Standards)
- Components: Slings and Hardware
- Component Selection
- Sling Configurations and Angles
- Determining Load Weights
- Storage of Rigging Equipment
- Communication and Hand Signals
- In-Class Hands-on demonstrations
1447 Waverley Street