Effective May 1, 2015
Companies who wish to become COR™ or SECOR™ Certified must obtain certification within 18 months from the date of registration.
Companies who hold a current safety program registration will be required to obtain COR™ or SECOR™ Certification prior to November 1, 2016.
Companies who do not obtain certification within their 18 month deadline will no longer hold a safety program registration number. A subsequent safety program registration number will not be issued. The Construction Safety Association of Manitoba will continue to work with companies upon expiration of their safety program registration to assist them in obtaining COR™ or SECOR™ certification
Steps to obtaining Certification:
- Company contacts the Construction Safety Association of Manitoba and completes a safety program registration form.
- Company representative registers and completes Principles of Safety Management. (A safety program registration number will be issued upon a Company Senior Management’s completion of Principles of Safety Management).
- Company representative completes remaining required training courses.
- Company creates and implements a safety and health manual.
- Company submits safety and health manual for review (optional).
- Company submits a self-audit to the Construction Safety Association of Manitoba. (A minimum of 3 months of completed safety program documentation must be submitted and organized in the format described in Safety Auditor Training).
- Construction Safety Association of Manitoba conducts subsequent internal audit and coordinates an independent audit.
- A COR™/SECOR™ status certificate will be issued to the company after successfully passing the independent audit.If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us through email or call us at 204-775-3171.