In light of rising COVID-19 case numbers in Manitoba and increased public health restrictions, the Construction Safety Association of Manitoba (CSAM) is once again taking proactive measures to ensure we are operating in the safest and most responsible manner.
As of May 12, the following measures will take effect at CSAM’s Winnipeg and Brandon locations:
- In-class training will be temporarily cancelled (exception for high-risk courses).
- We will offer in-class training for only the following high hazard courses:
- Confined Space Entry and Entry Rescue
- Working at Heights
- We will continue to host live virtual training, as scheduled. (Note: ALL of our in-class training is now available via virtual training).
- Online training courses remain available 24/7.
CSAM’s doors remain open to the public to ensure you have continued access to our resources and to ensure that items like COR®/SECOR® audits can be dropped off in-person. Clients must wear masks to enter the building and will be required to stay in the reception area.
- We request limiting in-person office visits and meetings to urgent needs only. If an in-person meeting is deemed critical, both CSAM staff and clients must follow CSAM Office Procedures – Best Practices.
- We will continue rigorous and routine disinfection of commonly touched surfaces, such as door handles.
- We will conduct urgent or critical site visits on an approval-only basis and will follow CSAM Site Visit – Best Practices.
- All company audits can be submitted electronically via the online audit tool or can be dropped off to either office location.
- All COR®/SECOR® audit submissions will receive a CSAM Verification Review.
- CSAM safety advisors are limiting on-site auditing requirements to new COR®/SECOR® audit submission only.
- External auditors will be assigned to complete on-site auditing requirements for both new COR®/SECOR® and COR®/SECOR® Re-Certification audit submissions only.
- Our offices will remain open at this time and we will continue to serve the needs of our clients to the best of our ability. CSAM staff remain available to assist you by phone or email.
- At this time, CSAM staff are limiting site visits and in-person meetings to urgent requests.
- CSAM On Tour dates will also be postponed until further notice.
CSAM will continue to monitor the evolving situation with COVID-19 in our province and the guidelines being recommended from the Government of Manitoba. We will remain flexible and agile in response to changes and in servicing your needs.
We remind you once again to continue practicing rigorous personal hygiene including frequent hand washing, practicing physical distancing, wearing a mask, and staying home when sick.
If you have any questions about the above procedures or about accessing CSAM’s services at the present time, please call us at 204-775-3171 in Winnipeg or 204-728-3456 in Brandon.