As of September 27, 2019, Manitoba Workplace Safety and Health Branch has updated the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Regulation. There are four key amendments of note for Manitoba’s construction industry:
- Part 15 – Confined Space
- The amendments add the term “hazardous confined spaces,” including the descriptions and requirements for these spaces.
- Part 23 – Cranes & Hoists
- The amendments reflect changes to the CSA standards for cranes and hoists.
- Part 28.1 – Rope Access
- This is new to the WSH Regulation and applies where a rope access system is used to perform work or train for work, however it is only to be performed if it’s not practically feasible for workers to use the fall protection outlined in Part 14 of the WSH Regulation.
- Revised Definition of Flagperson
- The amendment defines a flagperson as, “a person whose work involves directing the movement of traffic on any portion of a street or highway.”
We are currently updating our documents, resources, and materials to reflect these changes — and that includes the mobile version of the WSH Regulation on The CSAM App.
In the meantime, it’s important to remember that these amendments are now a legal requirement.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 204-775-3171 or email email@example.com